Sunday, August 1, 2010

August 1, 2010

First Blog! Yes....it is good. Today has been just amazing from the start of waking up to the end of today's sunday service. God has been showing me so much recently. I love how you think you know God so well, but then He just does this thing where He frees you from one area of your life or He brings you to a new place in your life He is always faithful and I am so excited for what other surprises He has ...just to think that my life has only just begun..hehe and I don't just mean here on this earth. I was working the other day in Taco Bell and I was imagining myself running this mile...and I think it was actually a memory becuase I remember running in P.E in Highschool...oh boy that I'd rather forget hahaha but I running this mile and by the third lap I had started getting tired and weary and around the fourth lap I was just seriously lagging and I just about wanted to give up and I heard people calling to me and shouting and they were cheering me on and I was able to finish the race well and it was cool becuase it reminded me of the verse in 1 Corinthians 9:24-25 " Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize?  Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever." We are in a race for God and we need to train hard and get in the Word for the bumps and hard laps of this life.  Even when life gets us down we need to stick close to our brothers and sisters in Christ and unite and encourage during those times where it's difficult. I think we forget sometimes that we were not meant to do life alone and it's so easy to get in that isolated state of mind even.
Another thing God has been really teaching me is forgivness. It's like no matter where you are in your life no matter how many times you've been hurt, and no matter how many times you've forgiven, this lesson still seems new everytime to me! It's like God has been showing me...look "I know people have hurt you I know this has happened to you, but you have to leave it all behind and follow me and live this life in abundance. I didnt just die on the Cross for you to stay in the chains that you are keeping yourself in." It was so huge to me the revelation of God's forgiveness in my life the fact that I at one point was an enemy to Him but He chose to reconcile me and forgive and forget...it's like I CHOOSE to forget the sin it is as gone as far as the east is from the west. And becuase I have been freed from what I was I can choose to leave the hurt as His feet and I can trust Him to do life. Sure there will be future hurts and more people who haven't forgiven in their past will hurt me as well...but God called us to that Love others becuase He first loved us...it's been good and He's been helping me walk it out and walk in His freedom. John 10:10 " the theif comes only to steal, kill, and destroy; I have come that they might have life and have it to the full." His freedom is worth it all...

No comments:

Post a Comment